We have a Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde situation in our house.
My delightful daughter is a pleasure to put to bed at 8pm after her bottle. I am reading The Hobit to her at the moment (yes at eight weeks old I am reading The Hobit to her, I will start reading children's books to her soon though) so currently she will have a bath, have her bottle and then I will read to her for half an hour or so until she is asleep. This doesn't always happen, if she is tired then she will go straight to sleep after her bottle and if she has needed a bath during the day she doesn't always have one before bed. Anyway she sleeps from 8pm until 12am/1am for her midnight snack and then anywhere between 4am-6am for her first breakfast, this is all done on her terms I was setting alarms on my phone to wake me up every 4 hours but we've now decided to change it to when she wakes up for food. I don't mind getting up during the night and I can wait for her to sleep through the night but she's sleeping for longer during the night which is a good start.
So my sleeping beauty is an angel at night but during the day she turns in to a sleeping monster.
During the day Iz refuses to sleep. As in point blank will not let herself sleep. I am assuming that she finds our lives very interesting and doesn't want to miss out on anything. We have tried to keep the noise down and things but she just isn't willing to let herself go, so to speak.
We have sort of found a solution, a solution which means that she sleeps but unfortunately it will cause us problems if we continue to do this for any period of time. She seems to settle quite well if she sleeps on me, while this is nice for me in that it is very relaxing and gives me a chance to just sit and chill out for a while it is a nightmare in that I can't do anything and if I need to go out then she isn't going to go to sleep until she's screamed the place down and tired my other half and herself out. She won't sleep in her bouncy chair, pram, car seat or moses basket down stairs and so I'm starting to wonder if it is worth putting her in her cot to sleep during the day too ?
Suggestions gratefully received.
No comments:
Post a Comment